[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Novell Hacking Question

On Wed, 25 Oct 1995, Louis Numkin wrote:

> Am curious if any of you can respond with specific info on successful or
> failed hack attacks on Novell Netware or similar self-contained systems?

Louis,

The above is pretty vague.  Are you looking for historical cases of
real-world incidents?  Are you trying to determine from a Network
Administration point of view how best to safeguard your network.  Are you
looking for a "cookbook" to crack systems?

If you narrow in on what you are requesting info about, I'm sure you will
get better responses.

Also, is there a specific reason that this was posted to www-security?
If not, it certainly would be better posted elsewhere depending on your
focus.  If so, tell us why it is realted to www-security so that we have
something to go on.

Other possible avenues:

Usenet - alt.security.misc (I'm assuming would be your best bet)
or
Usenet - alt.2600 (may be good if you don't mind all the garbage there too)
and
Usenet - sci.crypt (never to be underestimated - the C source to NetWare's
                    password hashing algorithm was posted there a few months
                    back - no kidding!)

Just trying to be helpfull so please don't flame me for it.

                    | |           Kyle Amon           | |
                    | | sfbzb1pu@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us  | |
                    | | amonk@delphi.com              | |
                    | | amonk@cyberspace.org          | |